• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever used Hooked on Phonics toddler edition?

I am considering buying it for my daughters 2nd birthday but would like to hear some reviews. Is it worth $40? Any information or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

valerie0103

Asked by valerie0103 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say don't waste your money. It comes with 4 books, a parent's guide, stickers, a progress chart, a music cd, and can't remember what else. I got it for my son last year. he is now 2 1/2. I think just reading to your child regularly, poiting to the words and talking about what's going on in the pictures is enough at this point. I'd buy $40 in just regular books instead.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 12:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• ummm. no. toddlers don't sign checks, consent to contracts, write lists, etc. they don't need to know how to read. neither do 3 or 4 year olds. the best way to teach her to read is to read to her and let her see you reading.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008