If all I have to do is trust in God to show me the way...

All I have to do is pry for his guidance and do my best. All I have to do is put my faith first and he will help me. Why doI feel so lost. I haev kept my head up and been positive for a good while. I am stating to be scared. My severance pay is going to be gone soon and I still don't have a job. Dh still doesn't have a better job. Our mortgage is still WAY past due. The apt we want is way cheap but still out of our range. The School is trying to place y son who has Aspergers into the right school for next year and I have no idea where we will be. I am starting to fear despite my full desire to trust God. I am so over whelmed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You just keep trusting Him and in the mean time APPLY EVERYWHERE! When you have no job at all, ANY job is good enough. God has a plan for all of us, and sometimes His plan IS NOT what you want it to be, but God knows what's best.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Two songs I always listen to when terrified.... Held, by Natalie Grant and Cry out to Jesus by Third Day. Maybe that will help? And keep on praying, something will come when you least expect it.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Trust me I am applying. I have put in 8 applications in the last 2 weeks. I have a few more I want to do tomorrow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Keep Praying! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
    happynlovenlife

Answer by happynlovenlife at 3:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You cant just do nothing, faith also needs action also realize it will not stop all things. I lost job , place and so much more. Started in 2009 on my birthday no less. Instead of being upset or mad I went into action , we up are skill set and got ready for the possibility of being on the street. Focus on you're options and different scenarios. I did one thing right I got the h in my name to protect my DH. If i had not done that we never could have rented a place again. Of course i have to lay low, but doing all i can to help keep one of us OK credit and job wise. What talents do you have? Send me a private message maybe we can brain storm. Remember all things work together for good. Stress makes one not see clearly at times
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Ok, I'm all about praying and asking for help, but maybe you aren't asking for what you should be asking for. I know that may not make sense, but I don't feel that God (no matter which one you pray too) will help you without you helping yourself. Have you tried asking for the ability to give up the worry, to trust her (or him or both) whatever you believe. to live your life to the fullest everyday, to give you the ability to acknowledge what he/she wants for you and that you will follow wherever they lead. Try asking for the strength and ability to see the answers and solutions that you know she/he has put in front of you..... Truly leave it in Gods hands... and remember she/he will give you what you need, but it's rarely what you want.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• PS
    In a state where the unemployment is 12% My DH left a job for a new one a month a go. Ended one and stared the new one in the same week. Also it should not be the quantity of resume but quality you pick who you want to work for, People are chasing us down now begging us to work for them . It is so amazing, trust and let the fear go.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you lack faith in yourself, problems you face will overwhelm you. You are stronger than you believe, so get positive, stop relying, depending and trusting in god to help you and go and help yourself- you know what you fear, so make plans to deal with those issues and do it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Do whatever you can to help yourself, but also read the Bible and pray without ceasing (1Thess 5:17). You can do all things through He who gives you strength (phillipians 4:13).
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Trusting in God doesn't mean that life will be a walk in the park. The Bible tells us that we will go through trials and tribulations. It is our faith in God that keeps us strong through these times and helps us remember that He is with us, even unto the end. Sometimes for me, it takes remembering some of the lowest points of my life (much similar to your's) and then realizing that God has brought me through the fire without letting me get burned. True enough, some material things maybe lost, but having your family, health, sanity, and peace can't be bought with all the money in the world. Learn what the Bible tells you and speak God's Word. Those promises spoken to His People in the Bible still apply to you. When you confess them you unlock the blessing behind the promise.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011