PLAYTEX DROP-INS OR PLAYTEX VENT AIR? OR WHAT OTHER DO YOU RECOMMEND?

Hopefully this second time around bf will work for me.....if not bottles is my options.I was thinking of using Playtex Drop-ins or Vent air...which is better? Or what other bottled would you recommend?

lcardenas51989

Asked by lcardenas51989 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i liked drops ins because my DDs used to suck so hard the nipple would become inverted :-(
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If your baby is gassy and colic I would use the drop ins but they are a PIA because you have to keep buying bags. Once my LO's gas settled down I switched to the vent airs, both are great.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• With my son I tried several bottles before finding that he liked the playtex drop-ins, but buying those drop ins and throwing them out is not only a PITA but wasteful.

With my daughter I just bought plain ole gerber $4 for 3 regular bottles and they worked just fine for her, no fuss, no mess.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Playtex Vent Aire's or DR Browns.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I bought the Vent-Aire wide bottles and LOVED them!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I used the drop-ins, you can store mommy milk in them too. I would not freeze in them takes longer to defrost but you can if you want.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hate the vent air, over time (not that much) the little insert starts to get odd and then milk just pours out. I tried them with 3 different kids and each time that's what happened.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• THE DR.BROWN BOTTLES ARE THE BEST EVER I TRIED EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD THAT WORKED.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Drop in's...I love them. You can get generic drop in's from Target for cheaper and when you're out for the day you won't have stinky milk setting in your bottle all day!!!
    noaksmom

Answer by noaksmom at 12:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I HATED the vent air. they leaked if you didnt tighten the bottom enough and they held mold in between the seal and the plastic screw on piece. i threw them all away so they were a waste of money. I never used drop ins but my nephew had them and a few of my babies in my nursery class at church use them Seem to be pretty good plus there is the issue of a new drop in so you know it is santiary.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2011