When should you...?

When should you have the talk with your child? My son is only 6 1/2, but the kids are getting younger and younger having sex. When did you have the talk with your child?

happynlovenlife

Asked by happynlovenlife at 4:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you do it correctly the information should trickle out.... bit by bit. When he asks questions give him honest age appropriate answers.

Anonymous

• It's never too early as long as the discussion is age-appropriate.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I got sex ed in school before age 10 and that was 20 years ago.. it's never too soon as long as you do it correctly!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He has asked certain questions and I have answered them age appropriately. I just can't believe how much he has already heard from school.
    happynlovenlife

Comment by happynlovenlife (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree- you're doing what we do. Just be honest and keep it age- appropriate.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I started explaining little things to my 7 year old in November when he was watching our dog have puppies... He was more grossed out than anything but happy he knew the truth about what was going on.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You should have it when he starts questioning things...give small details that would be age appropriate. It was really hard for me to have the talk with my son ... I had a fll conversation with him about it when he was 10. But we did talk about things on a smaller scale before then.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011