Ultrasound question.

so i am having my third.... and have had my 20 week ultrasound. when they showed the sex, it was a boy.... but i only could see his one leg and the penis... no other leg. this may sound silly, but if he was for some reason missing a limb, the sonographer or my doctor would have told me.... right? or do doctors not tell you about those kind of things? just wondering if i should worry. i think im going to ask next time. i also only have a picture of one foot. and they of course did measure a leg. they told me everything seemed normal. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• don't worry.. they would have seen that somethign was wrong.. They look at everything on the 20 wk. one
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Your doctor would have said something when he got the results of the ultrasound. No worries, mama!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• They would have told you if they suspected anything was wrong. That is something they would want to prepare themselves, and you for at the birth! There would have been follow up ultra-sounds with a specialist to make sure it was the only abnormality.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• They told me when they thought something was missing.. she was sitting on her hand and they could see it!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you had it done at the perinatologist, they would have also measured the femur . . . they would have noticed and said something.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• They definitely say something. If there is something they couldn't find, they'd call you back for a follow up ultrasound. I had 5 inconclusive ultrasounds. Believe me, they'd call you back if there was an issue.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• They definitely would have said something
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would hope that they tell you to prepare you for it if anything. But yes, they would have sent you to a specialist or had you come back for another scan. Don't worry!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011