How can i get my baby to sleep longer then an hour at nap time?

Cherries12

Asked by Cherries12 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does your baby sleep well at night? If so, I wouldn't worry about the nap :) How old is your LO
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Other than making sure the shade is drawn, the room is quiet, and things like that there really isn't much you can do. My oldest was a great sleeper and my youngest napped for about 45 minutes, tops. Once he was 1 he napped for maybe 1.5 hours but just didn't need as much sleep as his brother.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He gets up atleast once a night lately. He is 9 months old. i dont mind short naps. but he wakes up cranky and tired...
    Cherries12

Comment by Cherries12 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• u could try a fan in his room to block out any noise,thats what i do,and i can vacume or whatever with out waking him up
    amanda71205

Answer by amanda71205 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I use a little machine that makes soft noise and it works great it makes him all calm and what not
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I have a baby noise machine that plays music or makes soft noise. it also has a projector to put calming scenes on the ceiling. bed bath and beyond $20. it worked for my 20 month old and still does. he loves it and it amuses him too if he wakes up until he goes back to sleep. good luck
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2011