How can I make money at home w/o being scammed???

I'm almost six months pregnant and have not been able to find work. It's gonna be even harder to find as I get bigger and even when the baby is born. DH works but we need more income!!!
I am willing to work from home but everthing seems like a scam!

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Honestly, I've done Tupperware (wasn't a fan, it was to expensive), Home and Garden (it's Celebrating Homes now, they bought out Home Interior), Avon, and Pampered Chef...my favorite out of all of them was Home and Garden, yes they want a start up price, yes they tell you that you can't do certain things certain ways....but it was good money. I now run my own home based bakery. Find something that you are good at and you like doing, and turn it into cash...feel free to email me if you want to talk.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i sell avon..there is only a ten dollar sign up cost. and they also give you your own online webstore as well...if you are interested you can inbox me and i would love to help you get started
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 5:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You can sell on eBay.  That's an excellent and easy way to make money from home.  You can also babysit, elder care sit, pet sit, do an errand service, etc.  I blog about opportunities and ideas such as the afore-mentioned.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• What are your passions? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check:-) If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-) Ask me how you can start your own gift basket business for $1.97:-)
    Good luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Make sure that they are fully backed. I work with a company that has been in business for almost 40 years now. They are A+ rated with the BBB and are one of the top 100 small businesses in America in the FORBES magazine. Also, the chamber of commerce has personally recognized this business. They are also exchanged in the New York Stock Exchange. And the best part, you don't have to stock or do direct sales. I would not have joined otherwise!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 ½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika

Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms! Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Moms working from home online!

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• If you like to write, Demand Media pays $15 for a short "how to" article. All you have to do is apply. They own eHow.com, cracked.com, livestrong.com and many others.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I work from home and I love what I do. I work with a company that has a proven track record, is debt free and has strong management - this is a legitimate business that works - it is approved by the Better Business Bureau and has received numerous awards. There is absolutely no risk - please contact me for more information.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• I work from home with It Works! I show men & women how to 'pay it forward' through health and wellness. Whether its to firm and tighten, de-stress, improve health, reduce inflammation related... diseases OR just balance your life, I'm here. Results within 45 minutes that are not only permanent but ....LIFE CHANGING!!! Audacious April is in full Swing! Sign up this month for only $99! www.mniemeyer.itworks.net
    momma_meg210

Answer by momma_meg210 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2011