I am drinking a chai latte and I like it...

My co-workers (with NO kids) are like omg you cannot drink that there is 100mg of caffeine. THen they pull up mayo clinic and it says same caffeine is ok but some studies show that it can double your chance of miscarrying. Then they go on to say there is a life in you Kristin (wow there is thank you I had no idea what a baby was or that it was living cause this is my 2nd pregnancy or wait and they have never been prego or have any kids.) So now they look at me weird if I drink a coffee or chai tea (I drink one a day). I have to say I'm not as picky about everything this time around but geez get off my back!!!!!! Oh and I ate salad form a salad bar and they were like how do you know the lettuce was washed....man I'm not in the mood... any advice...

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 4:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• look at them, smile and say "shove it" and take another bite or another drink lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• omg... just wait until you have that baby and they give you even MORE advice.
    Anonymous

• I drank coffee. I heard tea is a bit stronger so I didn't drink it but a grande drink from starbucks is ok in one day. People just like to freak out, I think.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• tell them it's your pregnancy and baby, a little caffeine isn't going to kill your baby.
    Lindsey624

Answer by Lindsey624 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• wow that would really annoy me i'm pregnant too and hate when people tell me what to do and what not to do
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @ zoejains_momma haha I love it. It's a grande from starbucks. My Dr. told me I could have one per day I told them this and I said I think he knows what he is talking about. They just rolled their eyes and said whatever it's just a life then and we don't support what you're doing. DOn't they know not to mess with a prego lady!!!!
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011