Any ideas on how to "de-stress" a little?

I have twins, Brayden and Lilli who are 2. Lately i've been feeling stressed to the max lol. i'm a single mother who is trying my best to complete college online now. I am 19 years old, and me and my two kids are as happy as can be. but i can't help but get stressed out when i think about finances and any upcoming events (easter picnic, playdates, etc.). to add to all of this, the father of my kids wants to introduce his new girlfriend (which he met at the local strip club, yes, she was stripping) to my children. ANY advice would be soo greatly appreciated!

mommieoftwo8

Asked by mommieoftwo8 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• hugsgood luck

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I say have a drink...or two! Have you talked to him about introducing the girl friend?
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes we talked about it and he is dead set on being with this girl, he says they are getting married (yeah, right!). he says that since he does have visitation he can introduce the kids to whoever he pleases when they are with him (which is right now only about twice a month).
    mommieoftwo8

Comment by mommieoftwo8 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes i agreed to have a drink and talk to him about that cuz if it was me hell no you ant going to have my kids around some dirty chick thats just me you know , but good luck hope everything work's out for you take care n if you need to talk please feel free to hit me up anytime cuz i know how hard it is girl i have 4 kids
    sexyscorpio69

Answer by sexyscorpio69 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would ask him to wait a few months before introducing them to the new girlfriend. Just tell him that if he introduces them now, and something happens, your girls will suffer more than he will. Kids get attached really easily, and will not understand if she walks out of their lives. A lot of my single mom friends have a 6 month rule between them and the babys father, where neither of them will introduce their new partner, until they have been together 6 months.
    Its easy for adults to get over a breakup, but it is much harder for kids. And you dont want them to see women coming and going from their fathers life.
    Good luck to you!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011