can my 2year old daughter get an urinary tract infections

rah-rah89

Asked by rah-rah89 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say yes its possible. Talk to you Dr.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Oh yeah. If she wipes back to front (my nieces took forever to be broken of that) she can get one. And not a lot of people know this but bubble bathes can give her one too. I use to get them all the time from bubble bathes. Mr. Bubble was the worst :(
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 4:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• well alot of things can cause it, bacteria in a diaper, or wiping back to front,, too much soap in the bathtub, not enough water,, don't worry mamma, are you worried about someone not being "proper" with her? But 100% can happen for many reasons, but you need ot take her to the doctor, and get her examined, my cousin had a too small opening to let the urine come out,, and needed surgery,,hugs
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i dont have a daughter but i do have little cousins nd i know that it is possible
    boo420

Answer by boo420 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes she can. They checked my daughter when she was 6 or 7 months when she was sick.........
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes she can i would take her to the doctor to get checked out just to be safe
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes she can
    amyb349

Answer by amyb349 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My little Laura would get UTI's, and the dr sent her to the hospital to get x-rays of her bladder/kidneys. I'm glad he did, because her bladder wasn't formed properly. She had to have surgery in order to correct this.

If child is having frequent UTI's, I would seriously ask the dr about doing this. Also, if child is constipated, it can also cause a UTI.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• is she potty training?? if so - she could be holding her pee too long - that will give anyone a uti.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011