Have you ever felt like giving up? adult content

Lately, my life has been one cock-up after another. Drug dealers living next door, my dearest friend gravely ill, a son who is grown, but still wants Mummy to fix his high priced car and everything in my home seems to be breaking down at the same time. I really admire someone I knew, who had the courage to kill himself when life got to much. I am too much of a coward to check myself out, it won't make any of the problems go away, just compound them. I just feel like if one more thing happens, it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak. My depression has returned full force and the medication that used to help, no longer works. I have contacted my doctor, who said to increase the dose and hope it starts working again in two or three weeks. How do you handle life when it all gets to hard to handle? My children are grown and on their own, and I only hear from them when they need something. I cannot bring myself to go and see my elderly friend in rehab, it will break my heart to see her like that, and she does not need a downer hanging about. I splurged on my budget and purchased two skirts, the very next day, (I tried to cancel the order) a major appliance broke and I don't have the cash to have it fixed. I spend $52 on myself, and all hell breaks loose. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• It is not your fault they are greedy.... they chose to be that way. Well does your YMCA have a pool? try swimming or even just getting in the hot tub or sauna. Well you have us. We will always be here for you no matter what. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't think I have anything to say that would be remotely helpful to you. Call your doctor again and make an appointment to go talk to him/her. A broken appliance is not the end of the world, it sounds like you need to look at life from a different point of view. Join a gym or something in the area, a women's club, or start your own book club, take walks, and enjoy life....it's the small things that matter the most....only you can make them matter Good Luck to you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You will make it. How about taking a nice hot bubble bath, read a book and just relax. If you need to cry then do so. You are loved and you are a strong woman. *hugs*
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I do have a membership to my local YMCA, but since I am back in my wheelchair, there is not much point to it. As for books, well, I have thousands of them, I review books as part of my work. I read at least 300 pages a day. It has been difficult since my last sister past away a few years back, I am on my own. No parents or siblings alive. I have two of the greediest children ever raised, and I am the only one to blame for it. I will get past this funk mood I am in, I just have to breath and learn to get up, eat, shower and dress. Go through the motions of life, and perhaps it will resume to be normal. Hah! Normal is only a setting on the dryer. Thanks.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i have to say i have felt like giving up before but i stuck through it nd i know you can too
    boo420

Answer by boo420 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just don't ever give up on yourself.THINGS WILL GET BETTER! U just have to believe that no matter what. take every day one day at a time =)
    nicie3

Answer by nicie3 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yup, but i have my kids to push through for
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think that is what has me scared. My children are grown and living large. I have no family except them. I have no parents, no siblings alive. My children are very caught up in their careers, and we rarely talk. Well, except when my son wanted 3 grand to fix the clutch on his car. Thankfully, he fixed it with a friend, so I did not have to shell out that cash. I have a dog and a cat and they are my constant companions. I don't get out often because of how difficult it is to get me to the car, fold up my chair, load it into the car and then get back to the drivers seat. By that time, sometimes up to half an hour, I am too worn out to go anyplace.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011