Question for the moms who have had or are having a scheduled c-section!!

Did any of you ladies start to dialate before your scheduled c-section, how much before, and what did your doctor do about it? Did they just let you continue to dialate or did they move the c-section up?

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never dialated or thinned out or anything with my daughter. I ended up having my scheduled c-section on her due date.
    KelliW29

Answer by KelliW29 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Well by that point you should be going to the doctor almost every week, if you are having contractions, you should call ASAP,, I had an emergency C-section after 48 hours of labor,, so even though it sucks,, I wish I could have just had him "taken" instead of putting me through al of it,, call doctor if you are worried,, BTW,, I was dialated to a "3" for over a week!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yeah, i've been going to my doctor every week since 25 weeks. I was just wondering if any woman have actually dialated before their scheduled c-section and what their doctors did about it. I am currently 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and at my appointment yesterday my doctor told me the baby was "extremely low" but I was still closed, but she said if I start dialating then they will have to move my c-section date up even more (which i don't think will happen). So, I was just wondering :)

I also had my first daughter via an emergency c-section after being in labor for two days, it def was not any fun.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Comment by PrdWifeNMom07 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• they never even checked me when I was scheduling. I was having contractions the day of though!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Ive had 2. The first was scheduled bc he was breech, the second was a repeat. I did not dialate any before my c-section. I actually did not have any contractions, or anything.
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 6:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• With my c-section, which wasn't scheduled, but was eminent since the baby was breech and the doctors refused to deliver breech babies vaginally there, they started checking me around 34 weeks because of my history of preterm birth. I refused to schedule to c-section, but they ended up doing it at 37 weeks when I had dilated to a 4. With my VBAC, I was never checked ahead of time, we just waited until I went into labor.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• they wouldnt let me dialate so i would think they would move the c-section to sooner or even do a emergency c-section! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
    PregoMamaHolly

Answer by PregoMamaHolly at 9:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011