I dont know what to say to him...

Ok, so my twin daughters are 2 and my son just turned 4 yesterday. Right after my son was born, he was about a month and a half, my DH mom and step-dad and grandma came to see him, they live in NV and us in MI. Like I said, my daughters are 2, and they havent been out to see them once. and it is really bothering my DH because they go on vacation at least 3 times a year, usually 4. We cant afford to fly out there and we have 3 kids so that would be a really long and hard plane ride. If they couldnt afford it either I think that both of us would be more understanding, but since they go places all the time it sucks. They just last week were in chicago.. Like 2 hours from us. We didnt know before hand they were going otherwise we would have tried to meet them somewhere. But my DH works and I have school so we cant just take a road trip anytime we want to. I just feel rally bad for him because my DH is really upset about it and I just dont know what to say. Maybe there isnt anything I can say to make him feel better and I should just let him vent. But I feel like i should be saying something to him.. He just feels like they dont care about our kids, and on top of that we didnt get a phone call or anything yesterday for our sons birthday. Any thoughts??

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds as though that part of the family isn't interested in maintaining or establishing any kind of relationship with you and your children. I'd limit all contact.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would tell him I know it has got to be so hard for you that your parents are like that,it upsets me too. Just know that you have me and I would never treat you that way and when our kids grow up and have children, we won't treat them that way either.
    That is really crappy of your inlaws.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I do know how your dh feels. It is hard. Just let him vent. Make sure your kids know how much they mean to you and dh. I know that it is not easy to let it go. I wish both you the best of luck.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i would just let him vent and not say anything these are his parents and he needs to deal with his feelings about them....is sucks but all you can do is support him.....and love your babys...happy bday to your son
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2011