Should i go

im having contractions that feel like im on period but everytime they are 3-4 min apart but im not dilating and they just send me home i do take pills for contractions but they dont work im having some now and they are really painful should i go or just rest until they get unbearable

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• better safe than sorry.. go in
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yeah go in
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i would go in if i were you just to be safe
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Well, with the pills they should have told you when to go back in and for what reasons. I know when I was on Procardia, they told me to go in if I was having 6 or more contractions in an hour. They also told me to go in if I lost my mucous plug, had vaginal bleeding, or an increase in pelvic pressure. I would go in, they'd check me and baby in triage, and send us home if nothing was going on. So, it really depends on what they told you to do or look for. As a generalization, if you are having and increase in the contractions since the last time you were in or they seem stronger or accompanied by pelvic pressure, go on in. Of course, if you are full term, I'd just take a bath, relax, and wait until they get 3 minutes apart to go in. But since you mentioned medication, I assume you're preterm.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I just got of procardia today and i had contractions the whole time i was on it they just would only last a couple hours....they would be 7 min then 5,2,7,4,2,10 min just random like that and then when go away. I went in once and was actually having them but the meds were keeping me from dilating anymore. There is no harm in going to get checked out, it's hard for me to suck it up and just go in but it's always better safe than sorry!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• GO !
    mommyof2519

Answer by mommyof2519 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011