Would You Buy an SUV in this Market?

If yes or no. You're reasons. I might need to get one for hauling things, I know gas miles, cost and so on. It would not be used for commuting.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• You could probably get a decent deal on one right now with the economy being what it is -- however I would discourage that if you would only use occassionally. I drive an SUV and get about 20 miles per gallon -- which I think is decent. I will never drive anything else.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I guess it would depend how often you'll need it to haul things. If it is just a couple of times a year, renting a SUV when needed would be a lot cheaper than purchase and upkeep/insurance of a rarely needed vehicle.
    Knit2Purl2

Answer by Knit2Purl2 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Absolutely! It may cost more to fill up, but the gas tank is larger, so it holds more. Besides, I don't usually travel too far away in my own vehicle, so most definitely I would!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Absolutely. I like SUV's so I would buy them in any market.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• with gas prices being what they are right now and not getting any better not only no but HELL NO.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My car is an SUV ... most of my driving nowadays is local so gas is not much of an issue for me ... I only fill up about once every 3 weeks and I imagine it'll be even less than that come summer time.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would. We are a family of six and also require a vehicle that goes off road. People don't realize that farms don't have paved roads lol. My Armada averages 12-13 mpg but I don't drive very much.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope- we opted for a mini van due to family size. I'm sure it's better on gas than the SUV. (Cheaper too) Love the cross overs, but they're too expensive too.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I did and I honestly can say I love it - don't regret it at all. With 2 kids...the carseats, stroller, etc...having the extra room is SO nice!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a GMC Acadia (Same beast as the Chevy Traverse and Buick Enclave) - holds 8 passengers and cargo. I have it because when all my children are home and have the one that is married has his wife with him - we have 7. Its more of a crossover than a true SUV, but I will probably ALWAYS own something about this size.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011