Why would you take a 3 y/o to the movie if he can't be quiet for 2 seconds?! -UGH

Before you start bashing- no this child did not have a disability except for a rude, lazy mother, who even at one point told him he had a pull up on when the kid asked to use the bathroom! Really? That's teaching him! Hell, I almost offered to take him myself, at least the theater would've been quiet for 5 mins! -lol We did get up & move after my dau had her fill of his noise & kicking her seat. What do you do if this happens to you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• No I would not take a 3 year old to a movie; what's the attention span of a 3 year old-15 minutes? What choice did you have but to move.
    The parents should have taken their child out of the theater.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• we move and try to enjoy the movie
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We would move as well -- If it became intolerable after that, I would complain to management.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you're not enjoying the movie, you can always get up, walk out and request a refund. They will do that for you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would have mentioned it to management if I could not move away. I can't tell you how many movies I have missed the end of due to my own crazy toddler. Thank God we don't pay for movies (my dad works for one)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i would have moved or left and got a refund...but thats why when we take ds to see cars 2, it will be during the early morning or early evening when most people are eatting dinner, during the middle of the week.....my ds is 3 but i am trying to be curtious to others and plan my movie trip with him a head of time.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I hate it when that happens......if your child can't sit still through a movie at home, why on earth would you bring them to a theatre?!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 5:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have tried taking my daughter to a movie twice and both times she was bad, so I took her home, before we even got through the credits, She'll get it eventually but I dont sit there and let her disturb everyone else, its no fun for me or them, If I had seen that Id have said something to her then to a mgr if need be
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Grrrr...we NEVER took our kids to movies or restaurants (other than fast food places or movies specifically aimed at yound children) when they were little. I never wanted anyone else to have to deal with MY kids- especially in an environment like that. It's not fun to have a kid who is irritating other people. I have NO idea why people do this! I never had a babysitter- so if I went somewhere they had to come too and guess what- we didn't see movies or eat out for about 7 or 8 yrs -until both my kids were old enough to behave for the most part (around 5 or 6 )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• After a few ugly comments to them, i would get up and move.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011