Wondering why people answer a question if they don't know the answer?

I get so excited to see the ANSWERS... but when I get to them, sometimes people answer just to get the "POINTS" with an answer like..."I don't know" or "never used it", "can't help".

It bums me out to get that kind of answer to a really cool question, points are points, I want to know the answer!!!!!!!!!!

sendcheer

Asked by sendcheer at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• For the points.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• you already answered your own question

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have thought the same thing lol
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That's what vote downs are truly for. If enough people cast them, they answer will be hidden (and thanks to mob mentality, less likely to hoard more points from vote ups)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I guess it bugs me that they do that for the POINTS... don't we all want answers?
    sendcheer

Comment by sendcheer (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree with you, when I ask a question I really want to know the answer and get excited when people answer with REAL ones.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sometimes, it's not about giving the right answer or knowing the right answer, but supporting someone, regardless. Like, lets say the question is a woman lost her house and has no family close by, no one to turn to and she wants to know what to do. I don't know what to tell her. But I'm going to tell her how sorry I am and that I'm praying and I hope her situation gets better. Sometimes, we just need a little support. (Might've been a bad example but I'm sure you get my point.)
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• vote down button! good idea! Can the person who answers that way see who voted them down????
    sendcheer

Comment by sendcheer (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No, they can't, but feel free to tell them why, anyway - especially in situations like that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @ fricky29 ... that is totally different than what I am referring to. some questions/ answers are just "don't know" .."cant help" or generic and of no substance at all.
    sendcheer

Comment by sendcheer (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011