Where do toddlers sleep at in daycare?

do they still put the 12-24 month olds in cribs, or do they start sleeping on mats?

when do they move out of their cribs?

My son won't be starting until he is 14 months old (10 months now), so I'm just wondering.

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends on the daycare. for some, they stay in the crib until they are in the toddler room. when they go into the toddler room depends on ratio for that state. here in VA, ratio is 1 teacher to 4 infants, 6wks- 16 months. so when they hit 16 months is when they go into the toddler room. BUT, state licensing says at 12 months they are allowed out of the crib and on a cot/mat, so after their first birthday, it's really up to the daycare center whether they stay in the crib till the toddler room, or if they move them to a cot/mat
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• little cots on floor is what mine slept on
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• cots
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• After 12 months, it depends on the place, but really it depends on where your baby will nap for them. I asked for a pack and play for my son because he rolls around and shoves his head into the mesh; they tried him in a crib but he wouldn't sleep in it (tried to climb into another baby's pack and play)...now he is 20 months and shocker, still in the pack and play. Believe me, they want the babies to nap, so they will do what it takes.
    Dawn C.

Answer by Dawn C. at 11:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i believe mine is still in a crib at the daycare but its a in home daycare. i don't know when they transition to a cot. i think by 3. she would so get up and both all the older children napping. its different when they are in different rooms with children all the same age. but i will have to find out because i am just curious. good question. i would ask at the daycare you are looking into.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2011