Should I be worried, relaxed, or just continue on with my job hunt?

last monday 4/11 I had an interview for a position as an Advisor at a junior college. i was offered the position at the end of the interview. the interviewer informed me that i should be receiving a call from the human resources dept by the end of the week. i did not receive a call.

i contacted the interviewer and she told me "were on the same page. and she contacted the human resources dept. and she should be receiving a salary offer for me shortly. to just hang in there..... today is thursday.... and next week monday will make 2 weeks since the interview.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Call after the holiday. The person(s) needed to make the offer may be out of town. Best of luck to you!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• It is Easter break. Maybe the person needed to make the next move is out of the office.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• keep calling them
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Was the latest contact you mentioned within the last few days? If so, I would try to relax and touch base with the interviewer again next Tuesday maybe?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• the last contact was this tuesday
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Maybe you'll get the details tomorrow. Weekly contact with the interviewer is reasonable and not too pushy. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd wait it out- be hopeful! I'm sure it's just because of the holiday and you'll hear from them soon! Don't feel weird about calling weekly, if needed, though. Keep in touch with them. Good luck!!!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011