Creative ideas to get your husband motivated to help around the house and with kids?

MamiColleen

Asked by MamiColleen at 5:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• lol, well you could always clean naked...if your kids weren't around.

If you find out how, lemme know. I need to get mine motivated to help me clean too.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Leave him home alone with them... funny what they do when they HAVE to!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• for the kids, you could make it a game. make a chart with chores they need to do for the day or whatever and then give them a reward if they get them all done.
    as for your husband, you could always bribe him with something he really likes.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Would an actual chart help? He can help you write up the chart with agreement on what he will help with. Just an idea.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Get yourself a copy of FOR BETTER OR FOR BEST by Gary Smalley. It is full of ideas on how to motivate your husband to be and do everything you've ever wanted. It's all in the way you ask!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• When I'm already cleaning house I just ask him, dishes or floors? He hates dishes so much he'll jump up to sweep.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Good luck. I help him outside or the basement. but he wants to bitch at me about the house. He won't help me out.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't kow if it would work with your DH but when we were together he never cooked or cleaned. So I stopped doing it all and he got the point real fast lol and I would tell him I'm taking a bath and you are watching our son..... I don't know your DH personality but that was the only way to get through to him. He never gave me a break and I got fed up with it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't know how creative this is, but I just sat down with him and we listed out all the house and kid-related chores, divided up the labor equally and agreed to do our respective parts in a timely fashion. This has been working for us for 12 years.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2011