why won't my milk dry up?

Its been at least a month now since I nursed the baby, and they are still not dry! There is not a whole lot of milk, but if I squeeze them some still comes out. My husband would like to have them back so I was just wondering when they would be completely dry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uhh... bad news..... if my mom gets her boobs messed with too much they start leaking..... her youngest is six and she stopped breastfeeding him at six months..... some women never totally dry up..... it's rare... but it can happen..... on the other hand... my friend dried up in three dayz after not being able to breastfeed due to medications..... .i think it just depends???
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 10:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• it took 2 months for me to dry up totally where if I squeezed my nipple, the milk wouldn't shoot out - the more you 'test" them to see if they are dry though, the longer it will take -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• oh no!
    Anonymous

• I stopped nursing about 3 months ago and if I squeeze I still get some which is odd because I never produced a lot to begin with!
    Anonymous

• i never breast fed and my son is 3 mos old and im still leaking!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Go to the store and pick out a tight fitting bra, place nursing pads inside the bra like you would normally do. Wear this tight fitting bra until your milk supply dries up. Also, do not squeeze or stimulate your breasts in any way until your milk supply dries up or you'll end up defeating your purpose. As for your husband, he is just going to have to be patient. His day will come. lol

Best of luck to you!
    wintertyme

Answer by wintertyme at 11:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• it took me 3months for my milk to dry up and it was the most painfullest thing ever. but all i did was i wore tight bras(not to tight that it will dig into ur skin) and breastpads. try and not to squeeze them as that makes the milk come more.but on the other had u can try this but when my sister stopped breastfeeding her milk wouldnt dry up so she asked her dr and they said try cold and flu tablets(im not sure why tho but they said to use it) and her milk dryed up within 3 1/2weeks of takeing them...good luck anyway:D
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Sudafed will dry you up, but I wouldn't do it with the ok from your doc--Think about it when you take sudafed you get thirsty becuase it sucks the liquid out--don't know what they call it, but some women never truly dry up. Good luck P.S. the more you mess with them the longer it will take.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• because it's not meant to dry up for your husband. our breasts are naturally designed to nurse our babies through self weaning. there's no healthy way to stop it. forcing them to stop or using medication is all dangerous. you're risking breast infection, breast cancer, & tons of other stuff. just tell your husband to wait & give your baby what's rightfully his/hers.
    Anonymous

• You're not supposed to dry up until they are about 3 anyway.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008