1 yr anniversary of chemo & ugly taste in my mouth coming back????

i think my 1 yr anniversary of chemo is somehow strangely coming back to my body. its wierd but if any of you know anyone who went thru chemo can you ask them this...? its been 1 yr and i am getting that ugly yuky chemo taste in my mouth all over again and my body had been fine for months but now its starting to fatigue and it reminds me of the old days.

Elda90042

Asked by Elda90042 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• I am so sorry about all you have gone through.

So, we know that 1 year anniversaries are really big when it comes to the emotional stuff, but we also now are starting to see evidence of "biological" memory. Trauma related memory also seems to be biologically encoded, so the weird taste and the fatigue could be like a very physical flashback.

When you find out about cancer, it is a really big shock, and then you kind of have to put it up on the shelves in order to get through all of the treatment. Then, when the treatment is over, you decide that it has been "treated" and so you lock the door to that storage closet. But, that cancer item is still in that closet.

Take care of yourself really, really well during the anniversaries. 1 yr, 5 yr, and 10 year are usually pretty strong.

That was a really long way of saying "yes, yes, your body could be having the anniversary right along with your heart."

Hugs
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• if it bothers you, talk to your dr... i think it could be a mind thing though...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2011