No money to eat but she rather spend her extra money on her nails?

so i have this friend on FB and she seems to always complain about how she's broke and then her man (boyfriend) has no job but sits around and she complains about that too. So her friends comment under it and say stuff like "kick him out!" and they try to be supportive.

She then complains about how her life is so sucky and even her job and how she doesnt have money to eat and her guts are eating themselves out cause she has no money for food.

Today, she says she's getting paid and announced that she is thinking of getting her nails done at the salan. One of her friend's say "can't you buy cheap ones at walmart and use your money to buy food?" she then responds by saying she would NEVER do THAT! the conversation goes from her friend getting frustrated with her cause she should spend her paycheck on a weeks worth of food. all she has to say...?

"food is only necessary for people who have kids."

now i KNOW there's going to be people who will comment and say "its her money, and her business." BUT i have heard of these stories of actual mother's right here on Cafemom do this!

it just doesnt make sense to me that people do these things and then complain about why their life is such a sucky life

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Her life, her business, her money. But I wouldn't hesitate to tell her the next time she posted something about being hungry and broke she could eat her nails.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yup, its her money, she can dig her own grave. But tell her you don't want to hear any bitching next time she's hungry because she decided to get her nails done (which lasts, what, about a week? if that) vs getting food.

I knew someone who'd bitch and complain about not having money for necessities, next thing I know, "I'm getting a tattoo" or "I'm getting a new piercing". WTF?!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• She'll be the one to suffer.

Let her make her bed, she can sleep in it then.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I guess if she likes complaining about being hungry all the time then she must like starving. No one in their right mind would choose to do their nails over putting food in their stomach. She needs to learn how to manage her money. She should buy food FIRST and then if allowable, do her nails.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That is just crazy. Tell her that nails are only there to protect the ends of your fingers and nobody gives a crap if she gets her nails done... MEN especially don't care about nails. Very vain and shallow. I can see this is why she is often broke---spending a load of money on unecessary things like her nails. @@ Dumb.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree with you. its her money to do as she pleases but she needs to be wise about what she chooses to do with her money.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• that is why they have that nice option to "hide this person" so you don't have to see her drama.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• wow nice one meooma! I would say the same.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Around where I'm at, I see MOTHERS with three to five kids scrape every dime they can for a $60 mani-pedi session, every two weeks, without fail! But they can't ever afford food, or diapers. Or they beg and borrow for cigarette money. There's one woman who makes a post almost every two weeks, right before payday, asking if you happen to have any smokes, or half smoked butts laying around that she can walk over and get.
    TheLadyGray

Answer by TheLadyGray at 6:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• wow theladygray...i wonder if anybody replies to her posts? lol
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011