Gas prices

If you are like me and live in a rural area where the option to start walking or biking to work/other places is never going to happen, what besides combining errands in one trip have you had to give up to be able to keep filling the tank up?

For us we enjoy going out to activities and than out to eat on the weekends, so the eating out will have to go but we still go for the activites esp, the free ones.

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• just on things my husband and i want for ourselves pretty much.. not that we buy so much for us anyways..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Fortunately for us I just work 2 miles away and DH works from home so we don't use as much gas as the norm. But it KILLS me to pay the price for gas these days!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My DH works about 211 miles away so he has stopped coming home between shifts. It sucks but gas is just too expensive, plus I was worried about him taking that drive so much!!
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 7:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My DH has no choice but to fill his tank once a week and it sucks. He has a 35 mile commute EACH way, M-F. Even with him only driving to work, and no where else, the price of gas is hurting us.
    Anonymous

• You sound in the same boat as many other families. I do exactly what you are doing.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011