Do you pray every night?

Do you ever feel like you're rushing through your prayers just so you don't feel guilty for not saying them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmm..I don't pray every night...I don't feel guilty for not praying every night either..
    Anonymous

• i don't pray every night and i don't feel guilty about it either. i pray a lot. all day, every day. so if i don't do it at night, it's no big deal. i usually do pray at night though, just not every night.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have felt that way lots of times...but more often it's when I'm already laying in bed. I'm tired and just feel like I wanna get through it so I can go to sleep. If I pray before getting to bed at night, then I feel much better about it.
    Anonymous

• I talk with God all day long. I try to pray every night at 9:00 because it's our "triple trinity hour" and everyone at our church prays at the same time for anyone on the prayer lists. But I don't always participate for whatever reason. Sometimes I feel a little guilty about not being more involved. But that's about it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i am currently teaching my 3 1/2 yo to pray/be thankful for the day's goodness and blessings, etc. so yeah, i pray every night with him. but for me, i talk to God all day long.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No.... Pray at night and often throughout the day.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I pray at not and also throughtout the day. Sometimes I do get tired and don't pray as Long as I should I really need to be praying more. Jesus takes the time out for me I need to take more time out for him. Thanks for this post I needed to hear this...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I pray while I am driving, thinking, cleaning, doing yardwork, etc. I do pray at night but not everynight because sometimes I have problems I am trying to figure out or so tired I knock out. I do thank God for another day when my feet hit the floor.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I talk to Him all the time. I usually thank Him at night and I'll say a prayer but I don't have a routine like, get on you knees and say a specific prayer... no. Don't feel rushed, just make some time for Him in your busy day. If I am rushed, I'll go to Prayers Catholics online and pray for a few minutes.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 2:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008