I need some mothe to mother advice please! I am 39 weeks pregnant, and don't know what to do? Help?

I have been in the hospital 3 times now for liquid coming out that's clear like water. It's not discharge at all. Once in a while a little mucus. I bleed 3 days in a row last week, it finally stopped! I went to the hospital yesterday for the last time, and asked them to give me a amniotic check with the strips that they have. It came out negative. My doctor refused to get me induced with my 2nd baby because it was a serious reason. Although I am almost 39 weeks in 3 days! The nurse told me " We have no room here we are packed! Then she checked me for dilating and said I am a 2 but she could kind of almost slightly get 3 in so I am probably 3 1/2 which = to a 4 cm she sent me home! I have had such severe pain it hurts 1-10 a 8 would be my pain level!

What do I do? I see my doctor tomorrow and she is going to check me for dilating but she refuses to give me a ultrasound to check my amniotic levels! And she wont induce me even though I bleed 3 days last week, and today I had stabbing pains on and off and last night in my vagina. And then... I had some brownish light blood mucus on my pad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• she said they have no room so it's not like she was just being a jerk and calling you a faker. If you think it gets any worse go back in. you see the doc tomorrow ask them what to do.. Nurse advice line is always open
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Page your OB and explain that all to him/her. Even though you are going in tomorrow . . . .the doctor may have a different opinion tonight.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Okay so let me make sure I am clear. This is your 3rd baby? the pain is in the vaginal area not the abdomen. The amniotic fluid test stripe was neg.

I am assuming this is not your first baby so you know what contractions feel like... Did they check you for contractions? Whenid you appt tomorrow?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wow I'm sorry you are going thru this. I would demand that my doctor do something. I don't understand how they won't give you an ultrasound to check if everything is ok. Sounds like you should be admitted and maybe put on bed rest. Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would personally call Malpractice... but that's me.
    TheLadyGray

Answer by TheLadyGray at 7:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thank you, this is my 2nd baby! Yes I do know what contractions feel like! I told the nurse! "It's not like I don't know what I'm doing." She had to explain to me she never had kids! I felt as if she was being rude at times! But I really wish that I could be okay my daughters doctor would have never done this to me. :( I miss him! My new doctor she doesn't feel a need to give me a ultrasound. So... I really don't know what to do at this time. I am not even guaranteed my doctor during birth to be honest it's a very emotional situation for me! The fact that I have stabbing pains in my lower back, vagina, pelvis, dilating and I have cramps in my thighs with light blood on and off you would think maybe I could be admitted! But according to the hospitals policies. It's Washington State laws that no women are admitted / induced until exactly 39 weeks and farther! How is that fear? I do not understand I am drained emotionally!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The nurse told me that it has to be a serious issue before getting induced! But with my daughter I was induced last year because I was having stabbing pains, dilated to 2 cm almost 3, I had blood and was ready! But this new doctor doesn't seem to see eye to eye with me! It's making me sad! Upset and I wonder how my baby is doing!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• All of this sounds like normal end of pregnancy stuff to me. It's uncomfortable, often painful... it's what makes labor such a welcome thing!

Keep communication open with your doctor, tell them your concerns, but why rush the birth if there's nothing wrong? You're almost at the end here, you will not be pregnant forever! I'm very sorry that it's so hard on you :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• After reading your responses I am concerned.

Induction is *not without risks*! Your baby is likely very happy and comfortable in there. There are other signs of low amniotic fluid than an ultrasound, and inducing without a serious medical reason is a BAD idea. It increases your risk of C-section and hemorrhage and the baby's risk of breathing difficulty.

Hang in there!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would wait it out until the appt tomorrow and have them hook you up to a monitor to see of you are having contractions. Contractions feel different to each person. You could very well be in labor and they don't know because you feel them differently than most. If the pain get constant/near constant or to the point you can't talk through them or you start to feel pressure call your doctor asap. I might even call them now just to see what they think.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011