I fear my son will be disrespectful towards woman because of his father?

Any Advice! his father can become abusive shoving , pushing me around calls me a dumb B***h today which really hurt he never called me a disrespectful name .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds like the abuse is getting worse. Think of the lifelong effect this will have on your son and hopefully make the right decision to place him and yourself in a better environment. You both deserve better.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• are you still wit is father?
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Unless he agrees to counciling and changes, i would make him leave. By staying with him, you are showing your son that it's ok to treat women that way.

Set a good example. Show him that a man should treat women well and if they don't, show him that a woman can stand up for what's right.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes your son will be damaged by seeing his mother get abused. Get out of this relationship as quickly as possible.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a good friend that was in the same kind of situation! She did finally leave him, but sad to say, her son is really suffering.
    peelie

Answer by peelie at 7:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I also have the same fears I used to tell my husband we shouldn't have any more kids after our daughter was born because he can be rude at times, and call me a Fuc#$ing Bitc$% And he will call me a whore sometimes. It's when he's mad or just says things out of anger. However my husband did go to counseling for his anger and to a minister for some great advice and physical healing. It's helped a tone! He doesn't hit me or anything. And he's more nice, sweet kind words then bad. But I know that if I was you, I would go on car rides with your son and explain to him how his father is, it doesn't make it right how he treats you at times. But for your son to know it's a wrong! No women should truly go through verbal abuse! And that he will be a great man to a woman someday. To teach him moral values, open doors for ladies, and to let ladies first. Teach him while he's young he will listen to his momma!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 7:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't stay with the father. Unfortunately, kids will mirror their behavior. I had a friend growing up who's father was very disrespectful towards women and, though he didn't act like that when we were children, he did when he became a teenager. He used to say things, like when I talked about having a career as an adult, he told me that I couldn't because I was a girl and my job was to take care of my husband and kids. He used to tell his mother to shut up and make comments, every time we played a game together, that I could never be as good as him, which was why I did everything in my power to beat him at everything we ever compeated for, but I still couldn't change his attitude. Once, he called me a bitch and I beat the crap about him. He appologized profusely later because I found out a week later that I was six weeks pregnant. You can't break that behavior once it becomes a habit and these things run in cycles. End it!
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Your son will most likely behave in a similar way. If you want your son to be raised respecting women, then you need to leave your asshole husband.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• first u dont deserve that, 2nd just nip it in the butt with your son and reiterate thats not how a womn is to be treated!! good luck
    auggirl11

Answer by auggirl11 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• First of all you don't deserve that all all, 2nd talk to your son and show him how to treat you, not like Daddy does, and 3rd, I'd be gone. But that's just me. I hope things get better for you.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011