my 5 month old is showing out all of a sudden

my baby just turned 5 month and she is beginning to act different .for example,yesterday i layed her on the bed to change her and she had a fit .then when i turned my back to her just for a second she had gotten completly off the bed and was standing on the floor .( I didn't know that she could do that and i be around her allday ) Also at nighttime she does nothing but cry because she likes to fight sleep .last night she fought sleep for about 3 hours. During the day she thinks it's playtime allday she never want to go to sleep and if i don't give her ,her way she has a fit kicking and screaming . How can I stop this ..or help her change?

amiyamom

Asked by amiyamom at 10:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for 5month old baby shouldnt be doing this...she has a demon!!! get her help.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Have you talked to your doc about it:? I dont' know mommy but my son was full of colic for 5 months and he started his first tantrum at 7 months old, could be early tantrums?? could be teething? My son never sleeps when he's teething - but he's always hated sleeping also and will fight me on it - I had to do the crying it out method for naps and bedtime because it only got worse and he still crys for every nap even after doing it daily on routine for 5 months straight now -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• crying kicking and all is one thing standing up is diff what 5month old stands???
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i've never heard of a 5 month old standing...was she hanging onto something? i would seriously talk to a doc...i really don't know what to tell you
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yeah, standing at 5 months?? maybe 10, or 11... but 5???
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yes she was holding on to something the side of the bed duh ...if you not going to help then don't answer the question ..no time for foolishness or the stupid comments
    Anonymous

• Let her cry it out. She has to learn sometime that she cant have it her way all the time. The standing thing isnt that weird, my son was cruising around the house at 5 months and walking at 7. Kids do things at different times. If my son was throwing a tantrum and I knew he didnt need anything (food, changing, milk) i would put him in his room and let him cry it out. He got the point after a few months
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• well excuse me, you don't have to be so rude about it, you just said she was standing, so of course we had to ask. it wasn't being foolish. but like the pp said, let her cry it out. i started that at 4 months with my son, and my DD is now 4 months, so i'm starting that now. i started out earlier, when she was 2 months, but not as long as i am now that she's 4 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sounds exactly like Devera at 5mos, sometimes it takes a while to work but when its bedtime make sure she has a clean diaper n lay her down to bed if it keeps up for a hour+1/2 go check if she has a diaper if no put her back down n say good night again...
    when diaper changin let her hold the new diaper for a lil while your changing out the bad one or give her a toy something to distract them...or put a mobile up over her changing station n if you turn your back on em then always keep a hand on her stomach that way you know whats goin on while turned n she cant roll newhere
    as for the kicking n screaming, when she start throwing a tantrum just walk somewhere where you can still see her but show that she doesnt rule you just cuz shes being difficult...right now is the age where children start to test their limits n see what kinds of things crying can do for em...good luck...lol these lil girls are adventurous n sneaky!!
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 11:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• ps dont mind the close-minded morons ^.^
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 12:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008