Should the men who gave pot to toddlers be allowed to take a plea deal moments before trial?

Does anyone else think if they wait till just before trial, the cost has been accrued, the juror's have taken off work and expended time/effort. These men should be tried, and the plea bargain should be taked off the table? He should be tried and held to the fullest extent. My opinion. What do you think?

http://www.star-telegram.com/northeast/story/1069993.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i agree with you. how dare they do that to innocent kids
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Wha...what?! I missed this! A man gave pot to toddlers?!?! What is wrong with the world.........
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I didn't read it but I get the idea by what you already said. That's disturbing! The men should both sit in prison for a great deal of time. Why do people DO these stupid things?!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• And then they put the video of the kids on the internet... It's a F-d UP world, I tellya
    Anonymous

• A plea offering is often much cheaper in the long run than a trial... At least this way he'll be getting some form of a punishment rather than risking the chance that he'll get off!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• So do they get a lesser charge because they pleaded guilty?
    myame

Answer by myame at 12:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yep, these morons don't live too far from me, so it's my tax dollars they just wasted...I think someone should be on trial for kicking the crap out of these morons, instead of them being able to plea bargain like that...just so you know, I've been a nanny for several years, in addition to having grown kids, and it just makes my blood boil to keep seeing this video on TV. What was this Mom thinking...she had to know her teenager was doing this!..And if she didn't know..then why the hell not? Stupid clueless parents just get on my nerves...I've worked for a couple, and it's so hard to keep my mouth shut sometimes.
    SuZQ55

Answer by SuZQ55 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i say the just release them on the courthouse steps (after letting some of us on CM know about it.) that would be swift justice. morons.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree with you ivelostmyself...
    myame

Answer by myame at 8:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• OH....MY....GOD....I don't know what to think!!!!! Giving pot laced with cocaine to BABIES>?!??!?!? Then the f***in' mother didn't even care enough to clean out her system and try to get her kids back....She just signed over her rights. What the hell is wrong with people???
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2008