This had to be the worst tantrum outburst ever vent*

so today after work my brother picked the girls up,he gave me a candy bar and told me to split between the two of them well while i was driving my 6 year old got it out of my purse i told her to break a piece off for her sister and she says:ok and she starts to lick the whole candy bar and spit on it!!
so i tell her now neither of you are going to get it its going in the trash
she wouldn't give it to me so when we got in the grocery store parking lott i got in the backseat and i took it from her and i threw it in the trash,when we got inside she ran off in the store after i told her not to! when we left out the store she told me:i wanted a water and i said:well if you wouldnt have ran off you could have gotten a water and she started screaming real loud
i had to actually pick her up and put her in the car she started screaming and kicking and crying and she also took her seat belt off we stopped at a red light she opened the car door and got out!! YES, She got out good thing there were no other cars are else she could have got hit
well after she did that i pulled the car over and i tried to put her in,she didnt get it she starts biting me kicking and crying after wrestling with her for 10 minutes i let her go i got in my car and started to follow her,
she walked all the way to my moms house and when we got inside i spanked her behind !! ugg and then she tells me shes gonna call the police on me and she wants to go to a foster care!i don't know whats gotten into her she was fine this morning BUT Thank God were going to bible study tonight because my child really needs to be in church right now
vent over*

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 7:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is this the first time she has acted like this?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• how old?
    you know they're seeing PMS symptoms in girls as little as 5 now. Food for thought.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• While I have never had my son get out of the car I can relate to everything else! In fact we do it often- of course he has Asperger's... but still I can totally feel your pain!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Id have taken the child to the bathroom and paddled her ass good for her behavior. At least then she would have had a valid reason for being pissy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• woah!! I have never had to deal with a regular tantrum, much less one like this!!! I don t know what I would do if that happened to me, but thankgod it never would....how old is she?? Sounds like a feisty one!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @meooma she has never ever acted like this before @butterflyblue19 ohh lord dont tell me that lol and shes 6
    shes been really down since my husband(her dad)passed last month but she has never acted like this and my brother says when he picked her up from school she was fine @vbruno thats what i should have done!
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my child is almost 8 and never had a melt down thank god
    auggirl11

Answer by auggirl11 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Children deal with pain and grief differently than us adults. This could easily be stemming from daddy being gone. Although it was completely unacceptable behavior, I would try to sit down and talk to her mommy to daughter and see if maybe she can tell you what is going on inside. Good luck mama.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @Anonymous excuse me?you know what im not going to even entertain the crap you just said about my child,have a blessed day sweetie!
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• be careful......can be early signs of ODD.....I know...been thru it with 2 kids..looking back seen the signs.....start being consistent with punishment.....if you get a hold of it early it will bite you in the ass later...good luck
    jewels_atl

Answer by jewels_atl at 8:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011