Diaper rash

my 8 month old has really bad diaper rash and every diaper rash cream i try is just making it worse does any body have any suggestions

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Add yogurt into their diet. If you are giving cereal, use plain yogurt to mix it with. it will help balance the ph which can cause rash. Also take the plain yogurt and put directly ont he rash.
    You can also ask the pedi to perscribe an ointment.
    Leave diaper off as much as you can and start cleaning with a wet washcloth and not wipes as the chemicals can irritate it further.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• butt paste is the only thing that ever worked for my son
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Leave her diaper off for a while. Put her in a cloth one for a bit. Put breastmilk on it and let it air dry. Olive oil. Resinol diaper cream (it's all that worked on my son).
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• the stuff doctors prescribe is usually what works best for my daughter...
    PregoMamaHolly

Answer by PregoMamaHolly at 8:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011