Backstabbing "best friend"

I just found out that my supposed best friend has talked crap about me behind my back, blaming me for her breakup with her boyfriend. She was telling this person that I wrote him and was mean to him and said that she was too good for him (which I NEVER talked to this boyfriend of hers after their fights) I just have no clue as to what to do about it. Do in confront her and let her know I was snooping around or do I let it go? I'm so lost. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• My 'best friend" of 3 years told me to go to hell a couple months ago because I refused to interact with her while she was drunk. I would just let it go and move on, as hard as it's going to be. This is a PERFECT teaching opportunity for you and your kids on how to be the better person.

IF you do confront her I'd just say "It's come to my attention that you've been saying some untruths about me behind my back and I will not tolerate that in a friendship. Unless and until things change I'm no longer interested in continuing our friendship" or something like that.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• it all sounds so jr. high-ish to me. let her go. do you really want a 'best friend' who behaves like a 14yo?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Let it go. Just beware. She has enough pain now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would confront her. To be damned if she thinks I was snooping around. She isn't a very good best friend and i would dump her.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would not just take this person's word for it. I would try to stay calm and in my best matter of fact tone ask her if she did and said that. She's your best friend so you should know whether she is lying or not. Friendships end for all kinds of reasons.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd definitely talk to her about it. If you really are good friends you should be able to figure out what's going on and move forward. Good luck!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i would send her a text and let her know non of this is true. and if she does not write you back or call or something or still blames you. let it go. you dont want a friend like that. who knows, now she might even pretend to be your friend and screw you over some how to get "back" at you
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 7:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Ok but it was on her facebook she left up at my house. I know I was wrong for snooping but If you have a feeling about something you have to know the truth right? And I was obviously right. She's lied about so many little things and this is just the icing on the cake. I'm sick of it. I'm a mother and don't need this drama in my life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You weren't snooping if she left her FB up on YOUR computer, and you just happened to see it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thanks hopeandglory. Should I tell her that I was on her facebook?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011