Children should be seen and not heard

What do you think of this old saying? It seems that few believe it anymore, but I wanted to get a group opinion.

sadfairytale

Asked by sadfairytale at 10:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Wow. Someone please tell me how the hell they can have children running around without hearing them!?
    Anonymous

• I believe it in the case when you have a guest over or an important phone call. I don't mind if our kids come in and say something but if they keep expecting attention when I'm busy I want them seen not heard (my kids are 5 and up so they know better, but younger kids need to be both seen and heard.
    Anonymous

• they also at the table if kids talked made them put a needle thew there tounge...kids should be kids...running playing singing....thats what they are for
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• LOL! Ok this reminds me of my sis. She sends her DD to her room to play all day except to eat and get changed. My neice is 2 1/2 and still in diapers bc my sis wont potty train her. Long story. So she would rather have her not seen or heard. I always think "poor kid" so i give her a lot of attention when i have her. She likes me better than her own mom! Anyway, I agree with PP that when you are on the phone they should be quiet. When I have people over they just play in their playroom. You can still hear them and usually see them bc the door is never closed. Im one of those "safe moms"
    Anonymous

• People who believe this saying should have realized the point of having kids BEFORE they got pregnant. That's ridiculous.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my kids are impossible not to hear, sometimes i think they are the loudest kids ever. haha, i love it
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• since when does being a child mean you have less worth than an adult?
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think the person who came up with this saying should never have been a parent. It was most likely a man who thought the world should revolve around him.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008