Anonymous ???????????

I really don't think they should allow people to ask questions or answer anonymously because people are so cruel that they can hide behind being anonymous and not step up as an adult and say what the need to without hiding.

Does anyone else feel this way ?

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 8:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• YES! I was about to post that. I say these women are just miserable & unhappy. They don't turn to this website for support. They turn this as a way to make themselves feel better by putting others down. I understand exactly where you are coming from bc I feel the same way. People get to hide behind their computer screens and its unfair.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Preaching to the choir, sweetie. One more time, 99% of the problems would be solved if they let people choose whether or not people can reply to their questions using anon or must use a name, and let the anons stick to the questions where they are actually welcome.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I answer anon when it something personal so I'm glad they have an anon button. Just try to ignore the rude anons.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't really ask or answer anything in any way to cause a written attack on myself.
    But I think they should allow anonymous questions answers because some things can be pretty embarrassing.
    And I am sure the tampon question was embarrassing for that poster.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 8:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I really don't care. technically everyone on here is anonymous to me. I don't know one person from Adam... and it very well could be an Adam.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just like most things in life, people abuse privledges and use for the wrong reasons. I am glad we have the anon for the people who need it and use it for good.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 8:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• nope. If you start reading an answer and don't like what is being said, skip it.
    Anonymous

• I agree.

I don't mind the anonymous thing when someone is asking a personal/embarrassing question that they really need help with and that they wouldn't otherwise ask if their name was attached.

However, I think that anonymous questions shouldn't be allowed in the debate section. I think that if someone wants to add their opinion to a debate question, they should stand behind that opinion or keep it to themselves.

Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 8:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Actually, the anon problem used to be even worse than it is now. Ever go back and read through old questions from before the changes to the answer section? Anons Outnumbered the Names

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ^ Yeah, they did. I was reading through an old post a few days ago, and I was the only name out of the first 20 or so to answer. I actually said "Wow, my name sticks out like a sore thumb!" in my answer.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2011