how do you get the nerve up to leave???

i am unhappy in my relationship and have been for awhile. i can honestly say i dont know if i love him in that way anymore. we live together with our son and i do basically everything when it comes to our lil man. i feel like a roommate and i have no say whats going on here. my bf is a spoiled lil bitch who runs to his family for everything that he wants. n they give it to him. when we need baby stuff he runs to them too. i am a stay at home mom and i watch a 2 year old(my son is 5 months) and he tells me to pay a f-ing bill cause what i do is not a job. everything has to be his way and all about him because thats the way it was his whole life. ( only child) sorry to ramble on. i just feel bad leaving and i dont know how to grow the balls to leave. and should i wait til after the holidays?( its our sons first x-mas). help!!! confused and hurting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Dang girl! You already have the balls to leave just let em drop! Maybe you BF needs to know he looks like a real girl running to his family instead of paying the f'ing bills his self. Men love a woman with a back bone. Stick to your guns tell him he will either appreciate how much you do for both your son, and him. Tell him you can get a job no problem but you thought he would appreciate you wanting to be the mother to his son instead of having a sitter raising him. Men only do to you what you let them. If you don't love him anymore than just make arrangements to find a place to live, let him pay his child support, go back to school, let your family and friends who want the best for you help out until you can get on your feet you will be fine! As for babys first xmas children can sense unhappiness and it effects them. He won't remember if you leave now!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• just pack your and your kids bags one day and leave while he's gone.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don’t know I went through the same thing with my husband for two years and all I can say is hang in there. I went away for two weeks just to visit my family and when I came back he was a totally different person and he treats me so much better he also pays more attention to our daughter. That was in oct that I went away and things are now going so good so just see where it goes I was in the same spot as you I had had as much as I could take and I wanted to leave the best thing I ever did was go away for a time I don’t know may be you should try the same thing. And I would not leave during the holidays don’t you want for your son to at least have pics of a time that he got to spend a holiday with his mom and dad. You have stuck with it this long another month is not going to hurt you good luck and I will pray for you.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sorry to here about your situation. i think if your unhappy then you should talk to him and see what he has to say about it. maybe he's completly clueless to how he's being. if when you talk to him and he's still an ahole about it, leave. your son's only 5 mon. he won't know the difference, you may as well take him and spend the holidays with family or friends that your happy to be around. i hope everything turns out ok for you, good luck!
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You will know when it's time. In my case, a friendship that turned to love gave me the courage to get out of my abusive marriage. My only regret? That we didn't get together sooner!

When you finally have enough of his BS, you'll get out, trust me. In the meantime, consider what the pp said. It could make a difference, but it didn't in my case.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• there will always be an upcoming special day, if you wait til after ds's first christmas, it will be a birthday or anniversary, so don't let dates hold you back.
    Anonymous

• We all have to make decisions. Once you make the final decision (stay or go) then make plans. (settle for how you live or save up to get out or find someone you can move in with or get on govt housing assistance). Take one thing at a time and do it right. Life's too short to be that unhappy.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• ""HUGS"" Its WAY easier said then done when it comes to packing up yours and your childs things and leaving the man you love (once loved) and the fact that you have a child with him makes it 1000 times harder. You will know when enough is enough...you will just come to a time where you CANT do it anymore...call a family memeber or a friend to be there for you when you need them... GOOD LUCK!!
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 1:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• If the only thing keeping you from leaving is you feel bad? for whatever reason. Think about it like this. Every time he is selfish & making you crawl in your own house, ask yourself if you think he is feeling bad about acting like he does. Chances are he does not !! That ought to help you gain some prospective.

Anonymous