What do you stay away from

What foods do you not buy or cook and why? I've found sooo many soups and boxed foods have msg in it...so I've been making a lot of soup and stuffing even, from scratch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• Absolutely no Hamburger Helper. It's loaded with Salt~!!~ I try to make everything from scratch so I know exactly what's in it. But the absolute thing I stay away from is Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I have Entirebag Syndrome. I'll eat them ALL even if I put the bag away. That bag screams my name until it's finished so that's why I have to leave them screaming at the store...sob : (
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• lol I was scared for a second that you were going to tell me how much bad crap is in reeses. hah I would have that syndrome too if I had a bag...
    Anonymous

• Entirebag Syndrome =oD I think I have that too! I have them with Reese's and York Peppermint Patties.

I stay away from chayote. It's so watery and gross, BLECH!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I steer clear of milk since it tears apart my stomach. We also bake a lot of our foods instead of fry.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I try to steer clear of hamburger now everytime I eat it I get wicked sick. I also cant stand hamburger helper or the tuna helpers. I also cant stand pork. I would love to just be vegetarian but its impossible with my darling hubby,he's a meat and potatoes man.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• There is nothing I stay away from for that reason. I only stay away from foods I dislike. Which is a pretty big list. I loved Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper til they ruined it with their last "improvement" of it. Just loved it. Even though it was full of stuff that touched other stuff. I won't eat many foods that touch other foods.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I don't buy processed foods -- well, I should say very few. We do buy some crackers and keep some of the "healthier" soups on hand, less sodium, etc. For the most part, we grocery shop around the perimeter of the store. My DH and DD like their ice cream or popsicles, which is great for me, I don't like cold things. If someone brought me a box or Oreo's I would have a TERRIBLE time not eating the whole box, so why have it around? I AM a vegetarian, which means we have cut back on our meat use tremendously as well.... lots of fresh veggies, soups, salads... that way we feel good about having the occasional treat of pizza or chinese food takeout.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We stay away from saturated fats, sugars, red meats and that sort of thing
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008