I feel like a bad mommy!

This is my little ones first Easter. We are honestly so broke that we cannot afford anything extra! I know my little one won't know that I didn't get them anything but I will! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your little one?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i didnt even celebrate easter with my kids the first year, i actually forgot about it haha (how horrible is that?!?) but i wouldnt worry about it, there are plenty of other lil holidays
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was in the same boat last year, it's ok..... just make it up next year!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Easter is the celebration of the ressurection of Jesus, not chocolate bunnies. Love your daughter with all your heart as Christ intended you to, your not a bad mom!
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Three months. I know she won't remember but I will.
    She is my first.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• awww! dont ever feel like a bad mommy! you are doing your best! as long as you give love to your little bb thats all he needs!!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thank you ladies! You are right it is about Christ!
    I needed to hear that. I really wish I could afford something.
    My SIL has a little girl two weeks older than mine & she is talking about all the things she got her little girl :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Don't worry about it. We are not going to do anything for our baby she is to little to ever remember it. Save your effort for when you can tell her about the easter bunny and then go to a community easter egg hunt! Holidays are what you make of them!
    Audiedody

Answer by Audiedody at 8:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Don't feel bad. I had my daughter on Christmas eve so her first Christmas was never actually celebrated. She didn't have presents or anything.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 8:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• What about your parents? Would they help you out if you told them that you could not afford anything for your child on a Holiday? If my son or daughter for some reason could not afford to play the Easter bunny or Santa, i would step in and do what i could to help out.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011