Concerts

How old should a child be for their first concert? I'm taking my DD8 to Cheetah Girls for her birthday, but my MIL thinks she is too young.

sadfairytale

Asked by sadfairytale at 10:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• cheetah girls is one thing its...like diseny on ice..but say a matllica/korn concert noway in hell til they are 18-21 lmao but a family concert say Brad Pasely any age with adults.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with Mama2twins07; as long as the concert is for kids I would and I have taken my daughter to many of them.
    Lu62

Answer by Lu62 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Depends on the type of show it is and the maturity of your child. Hardcore rock - no. Child's show - yeah, duh, it's FOR the children. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• depends on the venue. My five year old's been to They Might be Giants, Kristen Hersh, and Barenaked Ladies at a bookstore. We skipped The Pogues.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008