Are you a organ donar?

Both my parents are ill and it was time to put DNR's on them and ask about *those things*
I was really surprised to hear my mom doesn't want to donate her organs, since we've always been for it......
So are YOU a organ donor? Would you donate your families if they passed?
I will honor my mom's wishes, but yes I am and everyone else in the family are donors.

mrsvixen

Asked by mrsvixen at 8:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• i am an organ donor as well as my family. but my DH is not.
    Shorty616

Answer by Shorty616 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Of coarse I am but my husband isn't.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes
    Sofiabug

Answer by Sofiabug at 8:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am a donor but DH isnt....he's convinced that when your a donor the Dr's don't try as hard to save your life....we actually got into a HUGE argument when I decided to become one....and yes, he still brings it up 2 years later
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm not. I'm still not sure how I feel about the matter.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have some personal experience here. But at this point I am not sure how I feel about it and therefore cannot share. I probably should not have responded. The question got me to thinking about it. I have no one to really talk to about this so this is a safe place to respond.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am an organ donor and so is my DH, we both work in the medical field and want to make a difference if we can even after we have died.

michcous

Answer by michcous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope. I just cannot make that decision for myself. I don't mind my organs being donated. I just don't want to make that decision.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am a donor. If I can help someone I'm more then happy to do so.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I've been a donor since I got my learner's permit in high school (had to talk my mom into signing for that, which wasn't fun lol). I can't remember if DH is, but I think my mom is. I know this sounds bitchy, but I think it's a little selfish to not be an organ donor, though I can sort of understand why some people don't like it. I just can't help but think about all the families that are desperately hoping for a transplant and stuff. I couldn't imagine not being a donor because I want to help people in any and every way possible. And I would donate family member's organs so long as they had been ok with it, even if it was my child. I know that would probably be the most difficult thing to do, after already suffering the tragedy of losing a child, but doing so could save several other children who are still alive and deserve the chance to continue living.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011