i am 20 and pregnant. Im not a hundred percent sure as to what i want to do yet.

I know there are many pro's and con's in any situation. How do i seperate thinking logically vs. emotionally and morally? Can any one shed some light on my situation

whoknowsat20

Asked by whoknowsat20 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• nobody can tell you what to do! just follow your heart and God will take care of the rest! Believe in yourself to do the right thing!
    lsap667

Answer by lsap667 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I don't think that you have to separate thinking morally and thinking logically. If you feel led to do or not to do something based on your morality, then follow that line of thinking. It would be a shame to live in regret because you followed what you thought, at 20, was logical and compromised what you knew to be moral.
    Alyssia3777

Answer by Alyssia3777 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Wow that is tough but a lot of teens have babies...Is putting it up for adoption an option you would choose? A lot of families want babies... My wealthy friend just adopted her first baby I wish I was the fortunate one to get adopted into her family house boats, vacations to Europe...Etc... She is actually looking to adopt a second one... If you decide to keep it 20 is a good age to grow up with your child. If you choose the other route of not having it I cringe but it is ultimatley your choose as what to do with your baby. I will pray for you and wish you luck on making your decision.
    Anonymous

• you know you can hear sides from all different people but when it comes down to it it all depends on you.
    do you have a steady job? does it pay well enough so you can take a month or two off to be with the baby?
    do you have a support system, family, etc. people you can go to with problems, concerns, advise?
    are you ready to have someone depend on you for everything?
    is your home big enough for an addition? does your car have a back seat?
    all these things are good questions to ask yourself - and some of them can be easily fixed and others may not be 100% necessary.
    but noone but you can make this decision - some will say noway can you abort - others will say you are too young - but if your 35 it doesnt automaticaly mean you are ready to have a child - and if you cant feed or house a baby is it realy right to bring it into this world.
    good luck and i am sure you will do whats best for you and the baby.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• i got pregnant with my daughter when i was 15 years old and have never regreted it for one min. im not with her dad and she nver sees him. i finshed high school and even went to collage (some collage) your life is far from over it is just beging and believe me it is never a dull road.
    momma2346

Answer by momma2346 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You are definitely not the youngest person to have a baby and I think you are probably more capable than you think. I'm not saying that the first couple years of motherhood aren't tough, but I think you would really regret it down the road if you didn't raise this baby...especially when you do have children. My daughter's father had twins with someone else and they gave them up for adoption...now I wish all the tiem that my daughter would be able to know her siblings. Think about the future and how you will feel later on.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You should look at a video called "The Silent Scream". They have it on youtube. I used to volunteer at a pregnancy crisis center and we had an abortion support group. Abortions affect you for the rest of your life. You will always wonder "what If?". You'll always wonder what your child would've been like. They can also affect your ability to carry a child to term. A baby is a wondrous gift. When you see your first ultrasound (which you can get free at most pregnancy crisis centers), you'll fall in love. If you can't raise the child there are always open adoptions. You're very young to have to make such a decision but you want to be so sure. I'd love to talk anytime if you want to reply back.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 6:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• with abortion your pregnancy ends in death, you never know your baby, you will have regret and guilt and you can never take abortion back. with adoption or parenting your pregnancy ends with life, your baby has a chance to smile and love and go love you. please think about this which ome can you live with life of your child or the death of your child. God Bless Birthright can help you with resources call 1-800-550-4900
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I say just relax, start reading and taking your vitamins, and whether you give the baby up for adoption or end up beginning a family, you have some time to decide on that.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• What kind of support system do you have? Would anyone help you with the baby? No choice is easy at this point - but abortion is the one thing you can never undo and many women never get over it, even many years later.
    Mountainmom1994

Answer by Mountainmom1994 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2008