I need energy. I can't get through the day. What do you suggest?

I come home from work and either fall asleep right away or shortly after supper. I can sleep any where from 1/2 hour to 1 hour and still not fell awake or energized. I drag around all weekend doing chores and getting ready for the week ahead. It is a bad circle that I want to break. Where do I get the engergy to make it through the day?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• What is your age? I'll start by assuming you are younger, I would recommend a Vitamin B Complex. That's a great energizer. If you are older, you might be experiencing some symptoms of pre- menopause. Lack of energy is a classic sign! Also, make sure you are getting enough rest, proper nutrition and plenty of exercise.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Try cutting flour out of your diet. I just read some articles related to somethings which sounded similar and the people were actually glutten reactive. It is worth a try. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd say vitamins, but I've been taking them religiously since Jan. and haven't had any more energy than I did before. LOL I was so looking forward to the energy that people always talked about & never got it :( Umm.. try to eat healthier, drink more water, make sure you get your 8 hours sleep ? I know when I sleep too much I'm more depressed & tried. 8 hours is too much for me. I can only have 6 at the most if I want to be in a good mood the next day. Weird right ? lol My sister started the raw veggie & only chicken (not raw lol) diet and she said she has SO much more energy. I've had a few friends say the same thing about that diet. Just some ideas. Sorry I'm not very helpful lol good luck, hun!

loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• B-Complex
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 1:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• In addition to cutting the refined carbs (flour, sugar), try adding vitamin D3, CoQ10, B12 (sub-lingual or coated to be absorbed after it passes the stomach) and omega3. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• I have no idea but i would like to know this also.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 9:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• water, small snacks, get up and move around, or sit and relax...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Have you seen your Dr about this? It could be a medical problem, thyroid would be one.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:41 PM on Apr. 21, 2011