Do your seasonal allergies still act up when it's raining?

My dau is just starting to get over a sinus infection & bronchitis, right at the start of allergy season. So it's hard to tell if it's one or the other. To be safe, I've been giving her the Claritin on days is isn't raining, which lately, it's been raining a lot. So I was wondering- what is your experience w/ yours or your child's symptoms on rainy days? Do you still take your allergy meds on those days too?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• We still take our allergy meds - rain or shine. (But try adding a nasal rinse to the regimen, it works wonders for my family.)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2011

• Well, I know it seems like it shouldn't be needed as much on rainy days, but then you have to worry about the drop in barometric pressure. Sometimes that gives people headaches, but can also bring on asthma, coughing and even intensify allergies.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes my allergies are just as bad on rainy days and i take claritin daily not just when needed
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 9:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:25 PM on Apr. 21, 2011