Is it dangerous to have a Urinary Tract Infection while pregnant?

Im 7 weeks pregnant and went to the bathroom and my urine was hotter than normal so im thinking it might be a uti! Im super curious if that is harmful to the baby????

PregoMamaHolly

Asked by PregoMamaHolly at 8:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes it can put you in preterm labor
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It can be. See the Dr. tomorrow.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes see your doctor as soon as possible
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was hospitalized due to a urinary tract infection when I was pregnant with my daughter. I did not know that I had an infection. I honestly thought that I had come down with the flu. Within 6 hours I went from just feeling pregnancy pains (or what I thought was pregnancy pains) to being sick as a dog. I was running a temp,shaking, nauseous and my back was killing me. I was dehydrated and went straight to the doctor, they sent me straight to the hospital where I stayed for 4 days.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• why is it dangerous??? NOw im worried!
    PregoMamaHolly

Comment by PregoMamaHolly (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/utiduringpreg.html
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• @kc932 how far along were yoU?
    PregoMamaHolly

Comment by PregoMamaHolly (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I really don't remember it has been six years ago. Lets see, I got out of the hospital on Valentine's day, she was born in late April, soooo I was about seven months along.

I had to drink potassium (I think thats what it was) and it was nasty!! And I had to get some kind antibiotics through my i.v. and it burned like crazy. I actually now have a vein that was always smooth until that antibiotic burned it and ever since it has kind of stuck out. You know what I mean?
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thanks for the website it had some good info! It says that if its treated there is no harm to the baby :) PHEW! I scared myself LOL!
    PregoMamaHolly

Comment by PregoMamaHolly (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Please talk to your Doctor about testing you for a urinary tract infection. And if you test positive for a UTI your doctor can find the safest treatment of getting rid of the UTI while your pregnant with your baby. I found out I had a UTI at the same time I found out I was in very early stages of pregnancy at the Doctors. And then I miscarried at home a day later.
    pumpkinpie778

Answer by pumpkinpie778 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2011