Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i feel some type of way ?

okay here's the deal and my ex lives in two different states but we have a 5 month old together . Life for him in my eyes have just been peachy meaning the baby lives with me and he only see her 1 a month in most cases and if in other cases i may go n stay at his house for 2 to 3 weeks(he lives with his mom). today we were on the phone and i was like do you want the baby for a couple of weeks just you and her because i need a break..he replies not until you train her created that monster ..and then on another occasion i said i wanted to move closer to him so things could be 50.50 and i asked him when that happen could he stay with us until we get comfortable bein in a new state ..he gon say i feel like you know what i don't have time for his foolishness should i just worry about me and my daughter and stop taking extra steps to make sure that they are close and near each other ?what do yall think

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • I think that if he cares about seeing his child he should make the effort, and you should stop trying. You need to focus on you and that little girl....not try to force a relationship on him (between the baby and him) that he obviously is not interested in. You have no obligation to travel or move so that they are closer together.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • have you answer, he called your baby a monster. he doesn't give a shit about either of you. cut him out permanently.

    Answer by chyna_doll at 10:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • I'm wondering if you're hoping it'll work out between the two of you? No way could I go stay with my ex for a day let alone weeks nor contenplate sharing a house (I don't have kids with my ex). Do what's right for you and your daughter, make decisions that aren't based on him or his wants/needs because it sounds like he's not interested in being a 50/50 parent. Get the child support and do it with or without him however you think is best. And no way could I get past someone calling my kid a monster unless it was in a joking kind of way but especially their dad. not to mention I didn't create my kids alone and doubt you did either.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Take care of your own needs. If he wants to be with her then he will be. It sounds like you are forcing him on her and he's resenting it. What kind of man calls a five month old baby a monster? Why not find a man for yourself that would be a better role model for her. Just bc he donated sperm doesn't mean he's going to be a good dad.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Screw that loser! Don't move an inch to help him! Monster my ass! Sue him for child support that will based on time spent with him, believe me he will either pay out his ass or find the time to help raise his child. You are the only one your daughter can really count on so do what you need to do, you will eventually meet a guy that can accept and love you and your baby, if you don't thank the Lord you don't need a man and raise a strong self reliant young woman that will know better than to let a man do her wrong! I wish you well! Oh yeah tell him Dr Frankenstein that created that monster should do the world a favor and neuter his self!

    Answer by 1countrygal at 11:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • ''do you want the baby for a couple weeks..coz i need a break?" wtf? give me a break, girl! that baby is only 5 months old, not 10 yo!! it sounds like you're trying to pawn off the baby, on anyone who you think should take her/him (being the sperm donor, you chose him). you either need to cut him loose, because he don't give a rat's a** about that baby or you, be a mother and love it! or find a home for that child where he/she can be loved and such a young age, OMG!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

  • You need to file for child support and now and move on with your life...why would you want this asshole around you and your daughter? Life is hard, you made a baby and you will have to deal with it...I know you need a break...but not with some jerk who cares less. Get a sitter or family member.

    Answer by salexander at 12:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

  • No one has figured out how to make a bio-father step up & act like a Daddy. I tried for 7 years. Wasted time. No one can facilitate a relationship between a parent & child except for said parent. Always take care of your baby & your needs first. He is a father now, maybe grown. Time for him to act like it. THAT is up to him !!


    Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
No sex

Next question overall (Health)
any suggestions..PLEASE(PIOG)