I'm soon to be 40 and I believe I am pregnant but test show neg has anyone else had the same or similar results

I noticed about 4 months ago that my period, which was usually 3days on a 26 to 28 day cycle, turned to a 24 to 12 hr spotting. Then about 2 months ago my husband an I notice that I had a bump an my breast were firmer like an they produce a milky like substance every so often. I have took home pg test a good bit an they all showed neg an I also went to my local health dept where some employee's have known me for over 20 yrs an they tested me as well but neg. Within the past 2 days this new feeling has started. My bump of a belly feels more like a small bean bag. I have 4 other children from 22 to 8 yrs of age so I pretty much remember all the symptoms I had with each of them and even though I really only had morning sickness with my 1st I did have nausea to getting sick with my others. I have or have had every symptom from your first stages going into the 2nd trimester. Truely I'm scared that something could be wrong with me. I would be so happy if I got a positive and so relieved that nothing is wrong. Has anyone else had this type situation or similar? Can anyone give me any helpful advice ?

WendyTwiFan

Asked by WendyTwiFan at 9:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The only thing I an suggest is to go to the doctor and get a blood test. Good luck to you :)
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• On our third child, the home preg test said neg, waited and went to the doctors office for their test, it said neg. Made a appointment to him to look and it was positive. But it was weird that all the regular tests said no. He is healthy, actually the most healthy of all three. I would suggest making the appointment for the doc to look at you.
    kdscreat

Answer by kdscreat at 9:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You should see the Doctor. At this age this could be a Hormone imbalance.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Honestly, I remember when I was a teenager, my mom was convinced she was pregnant when she was around 40. She had similar symptoms to when she was pregnant with us. For her, it turned out that she was starting menopause.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011