How well do you monitor your kids on the computer?

I beginning to think that I don't monitor them well enough and there is too much out there for them to learn from the internet.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you have windows XP or windows 7, you can set different users accounts at the sign in screen and then from there you can set parental limits - including age limits, time limits, and limits on what programs and websites they can access.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I try to monitor my son but im also starting realize he see's more than i like! He's only 5 and can find things on youtube faster than me! I wish i would of never let him use the computer! Good luck w/ that one! I would say to monitor them ALOT! :)
    PregoMamaHolly

Answer by PregoMamaHolly at 9:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Use your parental controls and user accounts to prevent the kid's from going to sites they should not be on,. The help files for the parental controls are easy to follow and understand.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have K9 Web Protection on the comp which won't let anything even remotely sexual be searched for or looked at. Plus the computer is in the family room and we are always around.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Youtube has too much on there, I never realized it, but that is one place I'm not too crazy about them going to.
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I set the content restrictions on his computer in IE, and disabled Firefox. He can only access sites I have approved, and anything else, including ads, other websites, etc he wants to go to he can't access without me entering a password. He basically can't get to anything but a few game sites and a few educational sites without my approval.
    Anonymous