Update from this morning's question adult content

So my Dr told me today that I have progressed Majorly in the past 3 days... He said i have dilated to 2 CM up from 1 CM, that i am now 50% effaced up from 25%, he can still feel her head and that if it was up to him he would go ahead and induce me cause my legs keep going numb and turning purple but since im 37 1/2 weeks and not 38 my insurance will not cover labor unless i go into labor on my own... he said if i would have been a 3 he could get them to cover it cause that would be considered really fast progression for 3 days.... i go back Monday to see how things are going (if i make it) he said he's not sure i will though and Monday I will be 38 weeks! I know there are bashers against inducing here but with my legs going numb and turning purple i believe it is considered a medical reason....

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 9:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Walk walk walk Momma! It will help speed up everything. And if your water breaks then you will be in natural labor. Good luck!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• How exciting!! Congratulations. :D Won't be long now.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wouldn't the problem with your leg be a reason to induce you? So what did he say was wrong?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm against inducing simply because one wants to have the baby NOW! LOL. But, when there are circumstances such as yours, I totally understand it. What I hate is how insurance companies have the control to say "no". In your case, it's for medical reasons. Shame on the insurance company! Good luck, hon. Hope it all goes well for ya. Hang in there. You're almost there!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• he said it is a reason to induce me but when he called my insurance they said they still wouldn't do it cause im not 38 weeks.... he thinks i could be getting preclampsia (not sure on spelling) and told me that if it gets worse to go back to the hospital....
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Try to walk as much as you can, it will help a lot with labor!!! Congrats!!!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That is what I was thinking about specialwingz.(insurance)
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• specialwingz said exactly what I wanted to say! lol
    Walk if you can, it might help with blood flow. But with legs going numb make sure you're close to a chair so if they go out you wont fall.
    Good luck and I hope you have a very safe delivery and get to see your baby soon!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I heard that warm baths will help dilation and to help relax your body so that it can dilate more does anyone know if this is true?
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As long as your membranes are intact - you can try warm baths - but its more to relax YOU than to dilate you.
    Walk, walk, walk, walk. And preeclampsia at 37½ weeks should get you covered by a doctor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011