Can't shave down there due to HPV. adult content

This past Jan. I found out that I have gential warts. My life isn't over. So please no negative comments. I've coped with it. My concern is.... I can't shave down there anymore bc the risk of spreading them. I trim to almost a stubble, but I don't feel sexy at all. Most of them are gone, but I still do have a few tho that I'm working on getting rid of. I'm scared to shave even if they are all gone bc sometimes you can't see them. My SO has them as well. We came to an understanding about it. The HPV is a big deal with my self esteem. I can't stand not shaving and doing my "racing strip" like I've been doing since I can remember. Stubbles aren't sex and def doesn't feel clean. HELP! Is hair sexy ? How do I start to feel sexy again ? We've been ignoring the hair issue since this past Jan. when we both were first diagnosed. The hair is like a big deal to both of us bc we both used to shave basically bald. He still is very attracted to me & makes me feel sexy, but when I'm actually doing it or fooling around, I pretend to feel sexy. IDK what to do. I've never felt so unclean or not so sexy down there. Help! Any ideas how to help me feel sexy again down there ??  I also want to include that I know the warts aren't sexy either.  They are SO tiny & skin colored you can't really notice them unless I point them out.  Idk its a confusing & hard situation. idk just need words of encouragement right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• Maybe try something like an electric bikini trimmer? are they all in the same generalized area? Would it be possible to trim around them so that you dont notice them as much? As far as the self esteem, Im sure it's very hard for you. Unfortunately these things happen. The world is a scary place, and people can be cruel. Take comfort with your partner and work through it together. Especially since its a problem that you both deal with! Understanding and a sense of security with him will make you feel desirable again. Good luck!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 4:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You know what? Men think NOT shaving is sexy!
    WHen you shave, you look like a ittle girl who has not reached puberty yet! I NEVER shave. I only trim my bikini line when its summer and I wear a bathing suit.
    God gave you hair there for a reason. I wouldn't ever shave. Yukkkky. I don't want to look like a little girl. It would be creepy. I am a WOMAN.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• oh geez, part the panties to the side, take a visit to victorias secret and pick out some pretties

there's always trimming.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• See my SO shaved and the one he had on his balls that the dr found by using the vinegar solution that spread :( His are basically all gone as well. I am ashamed of it, lol That's why I'm not letting anyone know who I am. LOL I don't have high risk hvp. I only have the low risk hvp which isn't the cancerous kind. I know that for a fact. Now low risk can & will cause cancer in men eventually if their immune system doesn't fight it off which thankfully my SO's immune system kicks ass for the most part. lol my vits have helped big time. im glad to know ur experience. i really appreciate u cominig out n sharing it w me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you up your immune system, eat real healthy...don't eat ANY shit, take vitamins, vitamin C. drink tons of water, exercise. Do it all and your immune system can beat HPV. No kidding...it can go away if you're super duper healthy. If you smoke, you're screwed. Smoking kills your immune system.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm totally with minnesota on this, hair can be totally sexy! There's nothing dirty or gross about it. I think just working on your image of what a woman is supposed to look like would be helpful. Shaving is weird to me lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Why haven't you had the warts removed?
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 5:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• Sometimes you can't see when you do have the warts bc they are flat & skin colored. When I first found out I had them, I got them froze off & within 5 days they came back. Different treatments work for different people. Whats worked for me is taking my vits. I'm loaded up on vits. I make sure I get plenty of sleep as well. Yeah over the past month or so I quit smoking as much & my most of my warts have actually gone away. I'm working on quiting fully now. Idk i guess everyone has their own opinions about the hair. I have to change mine bc of my situation. Thankfully my SO doesn't shave anymore either. LOL So we can be hairy together ...hahaha!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• ummm, I shave and it hasn't spread at all? I rarely get them at all. In fact i think the only time the stupid hormone is strong enough is when i'm pregnant. I say still shave I suppose. Wax it if you're that worried about it :) Just make sure you don't forget that not stick liquid after or you're screwed! And i'm glad you're not ashamed because it's so common it's almost considered the norm. Only thing that sucks if the cancer part of it.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2011