Hemorrhoids! adult content

I am 18 weeks pregnant and my BM have really slowed down. The last time I went to the bathroom it hurt and now I think I have the roids!! :P
It actually feels better if I put ice in a baggy and ice my bottom! Is there anything else I can do before I drive down the pharmacy and pick up roid cream?? I feel kind of embarassed!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• The wounderfulness of being pregnant, I too got the roids after having my child. I use the cream when I need to but otherwise you just suffer through it honestly. When I buy a thing of cream which is very rare I do so on a big shopping trip so its all mixed in with a bunch of other stuff so nobody notices. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I used colace my entire pregnancy. It helped make it easier to go. Also add more leafy greens and fiber into your diet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• sitz bath
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had them during pregnancy but they never bothered me that much but one of my friends had them really bad during her pregnancy and she said a bath usually worked for her.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• For the balance of your pregnancy, you have to be sure you are drinking plenty of water, and getting lots of fiber. Your stool should be soft (not loose) and plentiful. I had a similar problem with my first pregnancy. You can take metamucil or something like that, but be sure you drink lots of water too. A piece of fruit every few hours, along with lots of water, is what worked for me. The fruit and water will also be good for the baby - good nutrition. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2011