My son is breaking out bad!

He is only 11 so I fear that it's just going to get worse.So far we have only tried the stridex pads.Any advice on what works?

sarah389

Asked by sarah389 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Nothing worked for my son either, we tried the proactive, the neutrogina...I finally took him to a dermatologist and in about a month he was so much better, now you don't even know he even has acne. It was horrible before. He had a day and night regimina of topical creams and then also took a antibiotic.. He also uses a soap called Panoxyl which I think you can get over the counter...I use this and I love it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2011

• You could try proactive
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• try proctive or even neutrogena! they are both incredible face clensers and worked very well for my daughter when she had her horrible breakouts. good Luck!
    SweetlilQtMama

Answer by SweetlilQtMama at 10:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• alright here is my lil secret and i have also pass this along to a few of my patients we all love it...you gonna buy some phillips milk of mag the orig kind only.....you will use this at night time...you will wash your face with a gentle cleanser, like cetaphil pat the face dry do not rub because it will just make it worst...you will apply the milk of mag with either clean finger tips or cotton balls you will apply this all over the face or just the effect area. you can sleep with it on as well don't worry it will not mess up the sheets, he will feel it tighten like a mask after it tightens you can wash it off or like i mention before just sleep in it ( i do) with a day or two you will notice a difference in his complexion. it can also be use as an on the spot treatment as well....if you have fair skin ladies can put it on in the morning and apply her liquid foundation for a matte look. i have samp of facial cleanser,inbox me
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 10:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We went to a dermatologist with my now 17 year old and he said the only thing he recommends to teens and adults is Purpose soap by Johnson & Johnson. It has no perfumes, chemicals or dyes. There is no cure for teen acne, or foods that make it worse despite popular belief. The best thing they can do is wash the face 2-3 times a day.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I tried the Proactive method with my twin boys. No results for them. Most people think that acne is strictly an external issue. But, it's not. Talk to your doctor. There are oral medications for acne that works on healing from the inside of the body. I know one is Accutane. Ask your doctor if this is a viable option for your son.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Have him take a daily acidophilis supplement.
    you can find it in the vitamin aisle of Target

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2011